Not all of our books circulate but if you call, write or fax us we can help you with copies by mail.
We carry or have access to old newspapers on microfilm or online. Some dating back to 1862.
- Cyndi’s List
- Archive.org (wayback machine)
- Family Search (This is a free site provided by the Church of Latter Day Saints .)
- Massac County Historical Society
- Illinois Newspaper Project
- Illinois Digital Archives
- American Memory
- Find A Grave (This is a great free website for finding information on cemetery markers.)
Emslanders to the American Mid-West (This webpage is devoted to the identification of 19th century German emigrants who came to America from that part of Hannover known today as Emsland, Niedersachsen, and settled in the mid-western United States.)
- Rootsweb (This website connects people so that they can help each other share genealogical research.)
- Illinois State Archives Online (This has a list of several links that may have genealogy or family history information.)
- Sons of the Union Veterans of the Civil War (This is a great resource for finding information on the burial locations of Civil War Vets.)
- Lost Cousins (The ONLY family history website able to match you with others researching the same ancestors.)
- My Heritage (This site’s goal is to provide the user with the best tools for genealogy and family history research no matter if you are a beginner or an experienced genealogist.)
Databases (Available in the Library only) is a genealogy research website with over 5 billion records online.
The majority of records are from the United States, though records are being added for other countries, such as Canada, the UK,and European countries. Some records are free for anyone to access.
For more information, please contact Pat Lockard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-524-4312.